Making unexpected connections in a structured way
Global Matchmaking at TCI 2018 is a global meeting place for all registered delegates, including cluster practitioners, policymakers, and business leaders. Global Matchmaking is a new form of structured networking during TCI 2018 that will strengthen and expand your global network.
Global matchmaking is also known as cluster matchmaking or B2B meetings in other countries and contexts.
How does it work?
Global Matchmaking allows you to book 20-minute, one-on-one meetings with other delegates. Over the three, one-hour sessions on Day 3 (October 18), you can meet up to 9 delegates to develop business relationships, discuss lessons learned and best practices, and find partners for your initiatives.
We will send you a personalized meeting schedule with who you’re meeting, the meeting time, and what table to sit at.
- Strengthen and diversify your global network
- Meet new collaboration partners
- Share knowledge with peers
- Determine who and when you meet
What do I need to sign up?
- Register for TCI 2018.
- In your registration confirmation email, you will receive a link to sign up for Global Matchmaking on a website portal designed specifically for this event.
- Once you register on the website portal, you can create your profile that will be viewable to others. Please remember to upload a photo.
- Between the time you register and the beginning of the conference, you can login and view the profiles of those also participating in the event. Based on your availability (you control your own schedule), you can select who you want to meet with and send them a meeting request.
- At the beginning of the conference, we will send you a personalized meeting schedule via email. Then just show up on Day 3 for your meetings!
Examples of past events
- 5th Cluster Matchmaking Conference – Bringing cluster collaboration to the next level – Stuttgart, Germany – September 21-22, 2017
- European Cluster Matchmaking Event 2018 – in conjunction with European Industry Day 2018 – Brussels, Belgium - February 22, 2018
Email Kaspar Nielsen at email@example.com for all questions related to Global Matchmaking.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to TCI 2018.
- Who participates and who will I meet?
TCI 2018 is for those working in clusters – cluster practitioners and managers, business leaders, economic development or trade officials, and policymakers.
- Do I need to upload a photo?
It’s not required but it certainly helps the person you’re meeting with identify you. It’ll also show up on your personalized meeting schedule.
- I’d like to still participate but I can’t make it for all of TCI 2018. Can I buy separate tickets?
We are currently only allowing those attending TCI 2018 to sign up. However, if there is space as the conference draws closer, we may open it up for non-TCI 2018 delegates.
- I didn’t sign up for Global Matchmaking but now I want to (and I registered for TCI 2018). Can I still sign during the conference?
Yes! Although we highly encourage that you sign up before conference starts.
- What do I need to bring?
Business cards, pen + notepad (or something to jot down notes on), your objectives, and a readiness to meet someone new.
- Can I bring my colleague?
Yes, but know that the tables are designed for one-on-one meetings and your profile will only feature one person. We would highly advise that your colleague(s) create their own profiles to maximize the number of people who you meet.
- Do I have to use the website? Is there an app?
Yes, there is an app and after you sign up on the website, you’ll get an email inviting you to download the app as well. Please note that this is NOT the TCI 2018 event app and if you’re comfortable using two different apps, you’re welcome to do so as well. Your meeting schedule will also show up on the app.
- How will I know when my time is up?
Don’t worry, we’ll have clocks and time keepers in the room so you won’t need to time keep.
- What happens if the person who I’m meeting with doesn’t show up?
This is why Kaspar Nielsen is managing Global Matchmaking. Kaspar has extensive experience in arranging these meetings and the cluster ecosystem and can help you find a suitable alternative.
- Where will this place?
At the Chelsea Hotel Toronto, in a large ballroom. Everyone will be in the same room conducting matchmaking.
- What happens afterwards?
That’s up to you. Feel free to stay in contact with those you met after the conference.
Image credit: BSR Stars’ Innovation Express